- Grade 9 or higher
- NQF Level 1
- RPL to meet access requirements
- Approved bridging course to access Level 2
In order to obtain a National Certificate a student is required to take a total of 7 subjects. Three fundamental subjects and four vocational subjects.
- Language (must be language of teaching)
- Maths/Mathematical Literacy
- Life Orientation (computer skills included)
On completion, the certificate holder will have access to any of the following careers: Accounting and Bookkeeping; Office Management; Office Administration; Human Resources Management; Private Secretary, Frontline Reception: Recruitment Agency; Self Employed; Legal Secretarial Services; Personal and General Secretarial Services.